- Bewertungen (0)
This Bible portion includes the first five books of the Bible from the NIV First-Century Study Bible, along with a special introduction from author Kent Dobson.
Explore your twenty-first-century culture in light of the first-century world of Jesus. These are the books that Jesus would have studied. Teachings of the Torah allows you to study the first five books of the Bible through the eyes of a first-century disciple by exploring the text from the viewpoint of those who have also wrestled with and wondered about the Word of God. It invites you into the questions, stories, and interpretations-both ancient and modern-that prove the Bible is a living book.
• The Torah, the first five books of the Bible, in the clear, accessible NIV (New International Version) translation.
• Stunning full-colour interior includes photographs, maps, and illustrations.
• Word studies illuminate Hebrew words and explore their meanings.
• Study notes expound on the Scripture and incorporate writings from early church writers, rabbis, and other extra-biblical sources. These notes offer a commentary and ask thought-provoking questions about the text and the Bible times in which they were written.
• Book introductions and outlines for each of these five books of the Bible.
• ”Addressing the Text Articles” delve deeper into select passages of Scripture.
• ”Day in the Life Articles” illustrate what daily life was like for people in Bible times.
ISBN/EAN: 9781473614505, Pages: 304, Hardback